This page has moved to a new address.

My 2015 Achievements & 2016 Goals

----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Friday 1 January 2016

My 2015 Achievements & 2016 Goals

2015 achievements and 2016 goals new year's resolutions
Happy New Year! Bonne Année! Feliz Año Nuevo!

I hope you had a fabulous New Year's Eve - whether it was a quiet night in, a wild night sending you to bed at the wee hours of this morning or a little bougie after a few too many glasses of Prosecco, it is all a good way to enter 2016. I had a lovely dinner at home with Lewis, joined some friends for drinks at their apartment, watched the fireworks at the beach and then was in bed by 2am after wandering through Barcelona's buzzing streets. Perfect.

I am not generally one for setting new year's resolutions but I have found it really useful to look back on the past year - which has had some extreme highs and extreme lows - and recognise my own achievements and set some realistic (and big dreamer) goals for 2016.


MY 2015 ACHIEVEMENTS

1. I changed my blog look and bought my own domain name.
This is something that I had wanted to do for a long time but, typical me, I put it off. Finally in September I got round to it and I feel that this has given my blog and I a new confidence boost!

2. I moved from Paris to Barcelona and started learning Spanish.
This was a pretty big deal for me. I had been putting off and putting off leaving Paris for over a year because it really is just my favourite place in the world. I am glad I made the change and I am proud of settling into a new city and picking up Spanish so quickly. My heart still does lie in Paris and with French though!

3. I worked with some amazing bloggers and brands.
The big one for me this year was continuing my relationship with Motel Rocks and being able to represent them at Paris Fashion Week twice this year.

4. I travelled a lot as well as spending the year living abroad.
After years of wanting to go, I finally went to Sweden this year and loved it! So my kind of place and gave me the Scandi-bug! I also explored France more including Brittany and Lyon, which was lovely.

5. My relationship is still going strong after nearly eight years together.
He is my rock and the one thing that makes me truly happy.


2015 achievements and 2016 goals new year's resolutions
MY 2016 GOALS

1. Continue to work hard on my blog content and social media channels.
I want to improve my quality and quantity of content, including having some (but not exclusively) regular set times of posting so you guys know when to check back here for new posts. I hope to improve my photography to have cleaner and brighter imagery.

2. Increase my blog readership and work towards the goal of full time blogging.
I know that blogging is not all about numbers but when you are working so hard on content, you want it to get seen! Blogging full time is a BIG goal but a girl has got to dream eh?

3. Get a job in an industry I am passionate about.
I am done with working shitty customer service jobs and I want to find my calling this year. Wish me luck!

4. Get to a decent level in Spanish.
I love learning languages so I need to knuckle down and do some serious self-study. I am not being just another Brit living in Spain who cannot speak the language!

5. T R A V E L! And also move to Canada/Berlin/London/back to Bristol.
Travel is my big passion (other than fashion) and I want to see new places this year. I am actually going to do a 2016 Travel Bucketlist next week so look out for that. As for moving, Barcelona is great but we are not staying long. A couple of months ago we managed to get Canadian visas so moving to Canada is a real once-in-a-lifetime possibility! Otherwise I would love to live in Berlin or settle back in the UK in London and Bristol and finally get a cat. We will see!

6. Live more in the moment, stop worrying and take some god damn risks.
I have not spoken a lot about this but I am the world's biggest worrier and have the occasional severe anxiety episodes. I want to live for the now, not worry about the future and push myself in 2016.

7. Go on a yoga retreat.
I love yoga. It is my therapy from all my worries and I had already started working extremely hard on my practice towards the end of 2015. I want to keep learning and I would love to go on a yoga retreat away from technology and worries.

8. Start a YouTube channel?
Having dabbled in YouTube for my job in Paris, I think this year might be the year that I take the plunge and start my own channel. Hell, I may even shoot my first video today! I feel that YouTube is a lot more personal and I would like to connect more with you guys!

2015 achievements and 2016 goals new year's resolutions
So there you have it! My 2015 achievements and 2016 goals! What do you think of them and are any of yours similar!


Izzie x


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home