This page has moved to a new address.

2017 | Goals And That New Year Feeling

----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("https://resources.blogblog.com/blogblog/data/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Sunday 1 January 2017

2017 | Goals And That New Year Feeling

2017 new year goals
Happy New Year you lovely lot!

I know this is such a cliché thing to say but I cannot believe it is already 2017 - I am not ready for a new year yet, to be honest. That is not because I haven't achieved all of my 2016 GOALS but because there is a lot of pressure at this time year - especially online - to appear like you are turning over a new leaf and are feeling "super motivated" for the new year ahead. This is not exactly how I feel and I want you to know, if you are also feeling a little left behind with the whole new year hype, that it is ok to take a bit more time. Ultimately, today is just another day and just because it is a new year does not mean everything is going to miraculously change.

That said I do think it is a good time to set some goals to work towards during the coming year, whether they be goals that you start straight away or you wait for the right moment.

Last year I wrote a similar post but I am not going to obsessively go through the goals I set myself and analyse whether I achieved them or not because a) that could be extremely demotivating, which is not the attitude I want to have going into a new year and b) although they may have been my goals at the beginning of 2016, my mindset has changed a lot in a year and some of the goals have either changed slightly or become less important entirely - and that is also ok.

2017 new year goals
2017 new year goals
My first set of goals are to do with this blog. Similarly to my 2016 goal - I want to continue to work hard on my blog content and social media channels. I know that I need to adapt how I produce content, especially during the next few months because shooting outfit photos in Montreal's subzero snowy climate is not always a laugh and all you'll be seeing is different variations of jumpers, jeans and Dr Martens. I also want to up to Youtube game - starting a YouTube channel is one of the 2016 goals that I achieved and am most proud of so I am going to continue to work hard on that too. A second goal, that I want to work on as soon as possible, is updating my blog design and maybe switching to WordPress. I feel that in 2016 the blogging world took design a lot more seriously and as a result many blogs no longer have that "blog look" but are more like professional websites. I want to keep a simple design for Fashion Et Moi but I think we need a little makeover, don'tcha think?

2017 new year goals
2017 new year goals
My second lot of goals are career orientated. If you have been reading this blog for a while, you will know that over the past few years I have lived in Paris, then Barcelona and now I am in Montreal. While travel is one of the things I enjoy most in life - and one of my 2016 goals was to move to a new city (done!) - living abroad can mean that your job prospects are limited. I am extremely grateful that I have been able to experience a winter without a coat in Barcelona and a white Christmas in Montreal and accepting jobs in retail or customer service have allowed me to do that. However, in 2017, I really want to get a job that I enjoy (and preferably pays well too). This is probably the most important goal for me and I feel that I am already on the right track - I am currently doing a part time digital marketing internship while working in a vintage shop where I run their newly established online shop. A lot can happen in a year so here's to finding my pathway in 2017.

2017 new year goals
Finally, I find that I am at my most productive and most motivated when I am happy so my last set of goals are about working on myself. I truly believe that nobody is perfect and while that is totally ok, if your imperfections are making you unhappy or hurting others - make a change. I have been able to recognise for a while now that I need to work on my outlook on life, anxiety and indecisiveness and will continue to do so in 2017. Due to my indecisiveness, I can leave a lot of things to the last minute - including writing blog posts late on a Sunday night - which results in higher stress levels. So getting shit done within good time is another big goal for me this year - it will not only improve my wellbeing but also how I work and what I produce. I also want to get back into yoga and mindfulness, which have been rather neglected of late.

So here's to 2017! Who knows what the new year holds for each of us but I hope that you achieve what you want to - whether you start working towards your goals right away or take your time, that is ok!

Izzie x

INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | LOOKBOOK | PINTEREST

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1 January 2017 at 19:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

Great goals - I've also considered switching to Wordpress but Pipdig do great designs for Blogger too.
I've done a similar post too with goals rather than resolutions :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOIJdhK8-40

 
At 1 January 2017 at 19:56 , Blogger Lucy said...

Happy New Year!! Some brill goals here - I look forward to lots more content of yours in 2017!xx

LUCY | lucy-cole.co.uk

 
At 2 January 2017 at 16:42 , Blogger Lisa said...

Happy New Year to you too! What lovely goals. I´ve got my fingers crossed that you´ll achieve all of them!
I definitely want to work on my indecisiveness as well. Even the choice of shoes can get me into a real crisis, haha.
xx Lisa | Following Lisa

 
At 5 January 2017 at 01:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you my dear! I hope you achieve what you want to this year too! A day at a time though, eh? And totally know what you mean about choice of shoes - I'm always in a clothes crisis! XX

 
At 5 January 2017 at 01:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Lucy! That means a lot <3 Happy New Year!

 
At 5 January 2017 at 01:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks lovely! Yeah Pipdig designs are fab but the switch isn't just about design for me - I'm gradually learning more about making websites optimised and WordPress is so much more adapted for that!
Will check out your goals post now lovely XX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home